Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just a day at the office


So today's blog will tell you all a bit about my working life. Which right now is the only life I have. So ABAC Poll does statistical research for many companies, both governmental and non-governmental agencies. We have about 50 employees on three floors.

This is our building... True Coffee is on the ground floor and a very nice shop that I like to read at on the weekends (free air conditioning!).




I work on the second floor in a room with 6 people. Cross is my go-to guy-- he speaks the best english and therefore can teach me the best thai. He is also my age, loves anything Korean (the language, the music, the women), loves America (mostly Virginia because he lived there three months, oh and all love ballads--Mariah, Whitney, Toni...he's got them down!), is totally a goofball and is my SAVING grace! My other roomies are P'Rat, P'George, P'Rin, and my awesome thai sister P'Boom. I also have to give a shout out to Oh, who is also a total goofball and Cross' partner in crime-- therefore, one of my close friends here in BKK.

(**side lesson: anyone who is older and you respect such as a coworker and family elders, you add a P in front of their names--for respect... So as you can see, remembering everyone's name has been a bit difficult cause it alll starts with the same letter!)

This is my office. I sit on the left side by the window (not really shown). P'Boom and P'Rin are in the back and P'George is in the middle--Cross and I sit up front where the green jackets are.



Also this is Cross teaching me Thai... sigh, so hard--but I am starting to get the hang of it. I just sound like a robot when I speak, but eventually I'll add the needed intonations to be understood!



And of course, my special shout out to Oh...I appreciate his silliness and most of all his motorbike, which he is reluctantly teaching me to drive :)

Well thats ABAC Poll--tomorrow, a new lesson on what the hell I'm doing, seeing, learning in the Land of Smiles!

B

PS: Btw, Mai pen rai means, Don't worry!! As a way to say your welcome, or don't mention it!
Practice out loud!



No comments:

Post a Comment